Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The World's Most Powerful Man in Tallinn

Airforce One touched down in Tallinn today, as George W Bush made a whistle stop visit to Estonia. For the 15 hours that he was here Tallinn came to a standstill as security preparations closed off part of the town centre. Bush booked out the whole Radisson hotel for his night here, and the surrounding area was cut off to traffic. Many business had to close for the day, unfortunately my work is on the outskirts of town and was unaffected. Although it was only my second day so I'm not exactly looking for a day off.

There were even snipers on the roofs of buildings, as you can see in the picture below. I'd be surprised if Dubbya would have been able to find Estonia on a map before this trip, but his visit certainly made an impact. I think most Estonians are just glad he's gone now so that they can have their city back to normal.

No comments: