Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Expats on TV

Sirli has always wanted me to go on Estonia's version of Deal or No Deal, because she thinks that as a foreigner they'd put me on as I'd be an interesting contestant. It would be a laugh and we might win some money. I'd prefer not to make a fool of myself on national television, even if it is a nation as small as Estonia! I have an image of myself repeating "Mida? Mida?" (What? What?) to every question i was asked. Plus I also find number really hard in Estonian, and they're a pretty important part of the show. So I don't think I'll nominate myself just yet.

In estonian Idol (Eesti Otsib Superstaar) An english guy just got knocked out in the semi final (I think, I don't really follow it closely enough to know what stage they are up to). He was pretty good i thought, but got knocked out anyway. I thought some of the other contestants were awfull, but I guess you can always rely on the general publics inablity to know talent. You can see an interview here, and I must say he plays it perfectly. Estonians love it when foregners give them praise, in that regard they're worse than Australians. I think if he keeps saying how wonderful Estonia is he'll become famous in no time. (it's not that hard to be famous in Estonia, even I made the pages of a gossip magazine!!) It's good to see that he is now Timothy Yarman!




Perhaps I could try out for this show. Do you recognise it?????

No comments: