Friday, February 26, 2010

Home Brew

My Brother gave me a home brew kit when he left Helsinki. He had used it to make his own beer, because alcohol is so expensive in Finland. I don't really have that problem here in Estonia, beer is cheap enough, but I have brewed my own beer before and I really enjoy it. However I haven't seen any home brew supplies in the shops here in Tallinn. My brother had managed to get his hands on a coopers can of malt extract. With one of these it's really easy to make good quality beer. I wondered if the Coopers website could tell me if they sold them in Estonia. It didn't, but they did sell them online. I punched in my details just to see how much it would cost. The malt extract was $8.95. Not bad. But the postage was $38.50!!! That's more than four times the price of the can. So I guess it's not really a viable option to ship the supplies from Australia ;)

Coopers Website

No comments: