Friday, June 19, 2009

Death of a Dream

Some people may know that I ever since I have been in Estonia, I have dreamed of purchasing a run down manor house and restoring it to its former glory. Wilder fantasies even have a little micro-brewery there as well, perhaps even in the former manor brewery, if there was one. I even had one particular manor house in mind. Keila-Joa Manor is one of the stops on one of my tours, and each time I walked past the abandoned Neo-Gothic building I always dreamed of re-rendering and painting the outer walls, getting the garden in shape and sitting atop the tower with a cool beer form my micro-brewery while taking in views of the nearby waterfall.

I even blogged about the place twice, here and here.

The price has dropped recently from 20 million Crowns to 5 million, but even if I could aford that the estimated 200 MillionCrowns to renovate it made it even more of a ridiculous dream. But that's what dreams are, aren't they? Something slightly crazy but fun to think about.

Well today the dream ended. I read in the paper that someone has bought the manor. They will live my dream. I wish them all the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many beers had you had when you wrote that bulls.... as bad as Bob dreaming about buying Golf Hill!!